Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Humor Me Mr. Police Officer!

All hail to you safe drivers and obedient citizens! I can say that I've had my fair share of driving screw ups out of arrogance, ignorance, and just plain stupidity. Well... Still having them. Hey, life is a learning process. When it comes down to driving, I can be a little bit of a speed devil, but a few tickets later, I can honestly tell you that I had to cut that bad attitude out really quick because it just meant more money out of my pockets into Uncle Sam's hands. At one point, my whole 2 weeks earned paycheck went to court fees and fines with the threat of having my license revoked and getting thrown into jail for 30 days. Oh! not to mention my vehicle insurance that increased over night because of the tickets. Imagine paying almost over $280.00 every month for insurance. Right?! All because I just couldn't follow simple rules. Now if that didn't scare me, I can tell you what did. The fact of sitting in a jail cell for 30 days with another woman who is probably predominately ten times bigger than myself. Now if you were me, you would notice that my thoughts can play a really huge part of my every day living in a sense that, the idea of a woman in general in the jail cell with me for 30 days would reek the word "rape" and "personal violation". So that in a sense was very real to me.

As you may have read in my previous blog, and probably even heard the story of my lawsuit with my car accident, you may be putting together that I am not the luckiest person to be with on the road, as I thought that I was cursed for driving. Oh! The remedies I thought about at one point, just so that I can a get break from getting ticketed, pulled over, talked to by authority about my driving, or something that had to do with my vehicle. I was desperate at that point and didn't want to attract no more negativity towards my vehicle. Today, I know that I attracted all of that to myself, the negative energy since my car accident. The remedy was as simple as you can think, all it took was a change in mindset and reversing the attraction of negative situations to positive ones. Simpler said than done right? You are absolutely right! But it takes practice and what else can you loose other than time?

Anyhow, a former co-worker offered some remedies to repel the negative energy by first asking me if I had sex in my vehicle at any given time. And the answer to that was a yes. And the remedy was to urinate on all the tires. How is that biologically and physically possible for a woman to urinate on their tires without urinating in a bottle or container of some sort? Then again, it was a male giving me the remedy and he apparently didn't give that a second thought. So then the superstition of having sex in your vehicle is legitimate to some people as I have heard countless recollections of stories from different people on what had happened to them and their vehicles a few days or months after having sex in their vehicles. Not the fact that it was all based on arrogance, ignorance, plain stupidity, or chance, but by the fact that they had sex in their vehicle. Anything to put a blame on something other than ourselves right?

So, I've been pretty good about not having sex in my vehicle since then and therefore did not receive any tickets this year... Until today... But that doesn't mean I had sex in my vehicle. I was being sarcastic in that first sentence. Just in case you didn't get the sarcasm. And there I was today, rushing to my 4:00pm appointment in Kapolei with a client. I was driving West bound in traffic on H1 in the HOV lane texting my friend who was on vacation in Maryland at about 3:35pm. I wasn't paying attention to anything and forgot the fact that I was on the HOV lane with my phone in front of my face. As I continued on, my instincts spoke to me saying, "turn your head and look out the window!". So I turn to the right and there he was, 2 lanes over on the shoulder lane looking straight at me with my phone up and in front of my face. I panicked and opened my right hand to let the phone drop to the floor as I kicked it under my seat, as if the police officer didn't already see it. He swung his motorcycle smoothly behind my vehicle and there goes the blue lights! The sirens blare at me as he points out waving me to pull over to the shoulder lane. I pull over and park, traffic busy as ever, I'm running late for my appointment, and here I was sitting in my truck with a big smile on my face as I replayed the fact that I dropped the phone when I saw the officer looking at me. The police walks up to my truck and the first thing he says is "You should have seen your face! You think I didn't see you texting?" he says as he starts to laugh. Then the whole license and registration ordeal and there went another booboo! My insurance card expired, new card was left in my desk at work after running copies for my milage.

Then again I start laughing while he asks, "What's so funny? I'm writing you up and you find it funny." I reassured the officer that I wasn't messing with him, just the whole ordeal with the phone when I got caught. He started to chuckle as he went back to his bike with my license. I got on the phone and called my job to let them know that I am running late to meet my client because I got pulled over and the secretary says, "again?!" I replied hung up and thought about it, what the hell did she mean by "again?!"... The officer walks back by that time with the ticket in his hand and he says, "Two of three things I'm citing you for. 1. You were driving on a HOV lane with only yourself. You must've had an imaginary friend with you. If you do please let me know now. But actually that's too late because I already wrote the ticket. 2. You were on your phone texting. And you got busted and decided to drop the phone as if I wasn't looking when I was already looking right at you for a good 50 seconds. AND last, this I'm letting you go on because your insurance just expired by a few days so I am letting you off on that one." I look intently at him and I say "Sir, yes. I have an imaginary friend called stupidity who was telling me to keep texting my friend. And yes, I dropped the phone when I saw you because your presence was overwhelming. But actually I thought I could get away with it pretending that you didn't see that. But then again you already wrote the ticket so I already knew that me telling you that I have an actual imaginary friend and that you basically startled me wouldn't do me any good. So thank you for this lovely ticket! I have learned my lesson, so I guess school is out for today!". I start to giggle as the officer replied back, "Oh! You have a class session at the Ewa District Court on this date. Make sure you do your homework and bring it in for your fine k and you should turn your imaginary friend in or have em pay for the ticket k. You drive safe now."

He laughs and walks away, and there I was thinking to myself, what a freaking sarcastic idiot! But oh well! I got a kick out of that and getting a ticket wasn't that painful until I looked at my court date and the fine. Lesson learned. Anyhow, years ago, I used to be non-compliant with officers because I was a wise crack, but now, I am changing and accepting responsibility for my actions. I just had to laugh about it to make it bearable. That and I had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment